Dental Sealants In Cypress, Texas 77433
Children love eating chocolates and all other sweet foods; however, these tasty treats make their teeth more prone to damage from dental cavities. This is because the teeth’s chewing surfaces are not smooth, and they can easily trap food debris and bacteria. Furthermore, a toothbrush’s bristles cannot remove stuck particles from these areas, making favorable conditions for tooth decay. Dental sealants from your dentist in Cypress, TX, can help protect your child from any teeth diseases and cavities.
What Are Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are plastic resin coatings applied to the back teeth’s chewing surfaces to protect them from decay and toothaches. Premolars and molars are prime candidates for dental sealants since they are the hardest to clean.
How Are Dental Sealants Placed?
Children are often afraid of the dentist, and if it is the same with your child, don’t worry! Our pediatric dentists at Cypress Dental Clinic will take care of your child and make them comfortable.
Dental Sealants are placed in the following steps:
- Sealants are applied to the tooth enamel that has no nerves. This makes placing the dental sealants a painless procedure, and no anesthetic shots are required.
- During the initial examination, any existing decay will be removed. Following the removal, the tooth is cleaned and dried.
- Next, a solution is applied that roughens the enamel layer to better adhere to the sealing material.
- The tooth is then rinsed and dried again.
- Finally, the liquid sealant is applied to the tooth’s surface; it takes around 60 seconds to harden.
- Sometimes the dentist may use a special light to speed up hardening.