Aphthous ulcer, generally known as a canker sore, is a non-contagious mouth ulcer. These open sores can cause terrible pain and typically take around three weeks to heal if not treated. But why put yourself through a painful ordeal? Just try one of the many methods and remedies to get rid of it! For instance, have you considered trying alum for canker sores?
How to Identify Canker Sores?
As discussed above, canker sores are open sores. Before using any remedy, make sure you identify them correctly. The symptoms that may help identify canker sores include:
- Burning or tingling sensation in your mouth
- A small white, grey, or yellow sore in an oval shape
- Painful redness surrounding the sores
- Typically appears on the mouth’s soft tissues- including the inside of lips, insides of cheeks, and base of gums.
Canker sores can be severe if accompanied by:
- Fever or complaints of ‘not feeling well.’
- Swollen lymph nodes
How Is Alum A Remedy For Your Canker Sores?
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate, which is the chemical (or the fancy) name for alum, is used as a method of instant relief from the pain caused by canker sores. Before you let the canker get you cranky, try using alum for your canker sores. The method of application is simple, as given below:
- Take the required amount of alum powder (a small amount will suffice).
- Gently apply the alum powder to the surface of your canker sore.
- Wait a minute while the alum works its magic.
- Warning: Do not consume the alum. It can cause health-related issues.
- After a minute, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit the alum out.
- Repeat this method daily for healing your canker sores.
There you go- Rub, Wait a minute, Rinse & Spit. That’s it—instant pain relief.
Do you feel a slight sting while applying the alum? Worry no more; we got you as well! If you prefer a gentler approach, just mix the alum powder with a drop of water and use it as a paste or a cream. Follow the steps given above, but just add a drop of water to the alum powder!
Generally, these methods for using alum for canker sores are followed.
You might be wondering, what is the sorcery behind alum that heals canker sores? Well, it’s not any magical property but the astringent properties of alum that helps eliminate canker sores. In addition to this, listed below are the other properties that suggest using alum for canker sores is one of the best remedies:
- Dries out sore by drawing the water out.
- Shrinks the soft tissues, thus increasing the healing process.
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- Reduces swelling
- Eases pain
- Lessens tenderness
In conclusion, canker sores can be painful to deal with, but there are many remedies and methods to tend to them. Try whatever works for you and is safe. Contact Cypress Dental at (832)-427-6620 or firstname.lastname@example.org